Eggless Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Before my body decided to curse me with a handful of awful food allergies, I spent my days in search of the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I needed fluffiness, chewiness, gooeyness, crispiness on the edges—basically all of the good things that a cookie can give you. 

When I started baking without eggs, I was a bit underwhelmed by the cookies I was creating. The flavor was there, but they were either too flat or too crumbly. After a few months of fails, I finally stumbled upon an amazing recipe on the blog Keeping Life Sane. Not only did I enjoy them but my roommates, all of whom were used to egg-filled cookies, did too! They're everything I could wish for in a cookie—and they're SO easy to make.

Earlier this week, my boyfriend and I had a movie night which inevitably usually involves snacks. He was craving brownie bites (Which was weird; I'm usually the one craving chocolatey baked goods!), but we didn't feel like going out to the store. I figured why not make something similar to fix his craving that I could also eat (brownie bites usually have egg and soy). And so, these double chocolate brownie cookies were created and made in just under 30 minutes!


Eggless Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies (with vegan option)




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup softened butter*
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbs water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 and 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbs oil (I used canola, but any should work.)
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350° F. 
  2. Cream butter with sugars in a large bowl with a handheld or stand mixer until smooth. Add in 2 tbs water and 1 tsp vanilla and mix. 
  3. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined, then add in the oil.
  4. Lastly, stir in semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. (Feel free to add more or less than noted!)
  5. Scoop tablespoon-sized dough balls onto a parchment lined or greased baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes. 

Notes:

* Vegan butter or coconut oil should work, too. If using coconut oil, you might need to use a little less oil or add a little more flour to compensate for the greasiness.

Hope you enjoy!!

Comments