Berries and Cream Oatmeal

Mix frozen berries, yogurt, and oatmeal, and what do you get? Perfection. You get perfection in a bowl.

I will never not proclaim my love for oats. When I discovered my unfortunate egg allergy a few years ago, oats became my usual morning option because they're so versatile, both in terms of flavor and in ways of preparation. 

Sweet or savory oatmeal for breakfast? Yes, please. Ground into a flour for pancakes or thrown into a smoothie for protein? Count me in. 

Like ginger and chocolate, my love for this grain is endless.

If you want a sweet, creamy breakfast option that can be made vegan, refined sugar and/or gluten free, or full of allll the things, check out my recipe below!


Berries and Cream Oatmeal

Ingredients:

        • 1 cup milk of choice

        • 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats

        • Dash of cinnamon and ginger 

        • 1/4 cup (for topping) + 1 tbs yogurt of choice 

        • 1 tbs maple syrup

        • 1/4 – 1/2 cup berries (I like to use frozen!)

        • 1.5 tbs of nut butter of choice

        • 2 tsp cacao nibs

Directions:

  1. Boil milk in saucepan. Stir in oats and spices, and lower heat to medium-low. Mix occasionally to prevent sticking.
  2. Remove from heat, and mix in 1 tbs of yogurt and maple syrup. 
  3. Move oatmeal to bowl. Top with remaining yogurt, berries, nut butter and cacao nibs. Enjoy!




Comments